Did you know that this week is National Smile Week? See that small person in that super cute picture there? She makes me smile. A lot. And her smile is like a bowl of ice cream. A treat that just cracks open your face from ear to ear.
Fittingly, my biggest reason to smile turned three on Monday. We had her party today. In a New York City park. Four of her little friends came. She wore the bathing suit she has on in that picture and ran through city sprinklers. I think she had a ball.
As if on cue, the folks at 1-800-Flowers.com sent us not one, not two, but three items guaranteed to make us smile. When the Happy Day Bouquet arrived at our door, in a bona fide cake box bedecked with ribbons, the Bean was beside herself with glee. And you gotta admit, it’s a pretty cheerful little flower cake. And her favorite color, as she will tell you repeatedly, is yellow. Cha-ching.
Also arriving at our door on birthday party day thanks to 1-800-Flowers.com were the Happy Face Cookie Gift Box and the Popcorn Factory’s Survival Kit Treats Pail. They are quite simply boxes full of smiles. The cookies from Cheryl’s are scrumptious and the Survival Kit would be such a great thing to send your college freshman the first week or two of school when she’s homesick and just needs a little smile.
And so the Bean is three. And that first week of college is only 15 years away. And as my friend John said today, “If you want to feel time fly, have a kid.” This summer has disappeared as quickly as my little irascible baby girl changes moods.
And I’m holding on to that precious little smile.
Want to win one of the Happy Day Bouquets to send to the person in your life who makes you smile? Or just to sit on your table and give you a chuckle when you look at it? Thanks to 1-800-Flowers.com, you can. Want to enter? Read on.
To Enter the 1-800-Flowers.com National Smile Week Giveaway
- MANDATORY ENTRY #1: Leave a comment on this post sharing something that made you smile today. It could be your exceptionally fresh breakfast cereal, a hug from your tween-age boy, or a knock-knock joke. Whatever got you smiling. I wanna hear it. Entering is that easy!
***Want extra chances to win? After you have made your first entry as described above, do anything listed below and leave me additional comments for each one letting me know what you did! Maximum of eight entries per person.
- Follow me on Twitter and follow 1-800-Flowers.com on Twitter tweet the following (just cut and paste): It’s National Smile Week. Win a Happy Day Bouquet from 1-800-Flowers.com and @BabiesGottaHavT
- “Like” 1-800-Flowers on Facebook – Click HERE
- Blog this giveaway (send me the url so I can enjoy your post!)
- Subscribe to my blog using the little orange button on the left sidebar
- Grab my button and put in on your blog or website! Button code is in the right sidebar. Leave the link in your entry.
- Become a Fan of Babies Gotta Have It on Facebook. Click HERE!
- Email your friends about the giveaway and link to the giveaway post! cc me in the message (email@example.com)–I promise I will not spam you or your friends. Cross my heart
Your email address will remain private and not be shared with anyone. Giveaway only open to those with U.S. addresses. Must be 18 or older to win. Giveaway begins on Wednesday August 11th and ends on Wednesday September 1st at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time. Very shortly thereafter, Random.org will select the winner, and I’ll email you immediately. After my daughter called Larry the Cable guy the last time she did a drawing, we have decided to take a little vacation from her choosing the winner. Random.org is in no way as cute and unpredictable as my daughter, but it is much more efficient and does not use any pieces of paper, even recycled ones. I am sure you will understand. Thanks for entering!
Update! We have a winner! Random.org says “ 2″ ! Congratulations Susan! And thanks for being a repeat contest entrant! So glad it’s paying off!