So here it is. The post where I wear a nursing bra and talk about breastfeeding. I nursed my baby for ten months, and I’m honestly really glad that I did. Whether you nurse for six weeks or two years, there are some wonderful items out there that will make your breastfeeding experience easier, more comfortable, and in so doing, more rewarding (read: less painful) for you and your baby.
Watch the video for deets, but my breastfeeding essential list includes:
- Lansinoh Lanolin
- Soothies Gel Pads
- A wide assortment of pillows, a breastfeeding pillow like The Boppy , and a footrest of some sort
- Nursing bras (I’d say at least five), button down shirts, button down pjs
- Nursing pads – consider either disposable ones like the Evenflo Comfort Select Disposable Nursing Pads, or ones made from cotton or bamboo that you can wash and reuse. Etsy.com has a wonderful assortment available.
- Support! And I’m not just talking about your bras, kids. Whether it’s a lactation consultant, La Leche League, a breastfeeding support group, or your friend Sarah, support is essential. Consider also the books: So That’s What They’re Forand The Nursing Mother’s Companion.
And finally, a breast pump is a definite must-have for nursing moms. I think the opportunity to share in feeding your new baby is one of the best gifts you can give your partner. Plus, why not pass off one of those nighttime feedings to someone else? And stock breastmilk in the freezer for those times you can’t be home for a feeding. Pumping can be challenging, but it’s well worth the effort in my view.
Want to win a super nice new pump? Read on!
I’m so excited to be giving away the new Evenflo Comfort Select Dual Automatic Cycling Breast Pump and two boxes of their Disposable Nursing Pads to one lucky Babies Gotta Have It reader! How cool is that?
I’ve been reading up on this pump on their website and it looks like it has a lot of great features.
- All the components are BPA-free and contain less than .01% phthalates! Hooray!
- Gentle vacuum curve and increased cycle time for more effective, comfortable pumping.
- AC power adapter so you can plug it in!
- Sleek, streamlined design. You can definitely take this pump on the go with you. It’s compact and comes with a carrying case.
- A stable bottle stand to prevent spillage! Cuz believe me, after you pump it you so don’t want to spill it.
For more breastfeeding tips from other moms, visit the Mom Central Evenflo Comfort Select page. Leave a breastfeeding tip of your own and be entered to win one of three pumps. So enter here, then head over to Mom Central and enter there! Thanks so much everyone at Evenflo and Mom Central. And happy breastfeeding!
To Enter the Evenflo Comfort Select Giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this post! That’s it! Entering is that easy!
***Want extra chances to win? Do anything listed below and leave me additional comments for each one letting me know what you did! Maximum of three entries per person.
- Follow me on twitter (click the birdy button on the left to do so easily) and Twitter this giveaway (I’ve even made it easy for you, just cut and paste): @BabiesGottaHavT wants you to pump in comfort! Win an Evenflo Comfort Select Breast Pump! http://tinyurl.com/clrg69 #evenflocomfort
- Blog this giveaway (send me the url so I can enjoy your post!)
- Subscribe to my blog using the button on the left
Your email address will remain private and not be shared with anyone. Giveaway only open to those with U.S. addresses. Giveaway begins on Tuesday April 28th and ends on Tuesday May 12th at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time. On Wednesday May 13th, Random.org will select the winner I’ll email you immediately. After my baby called Larry the Cable guy the last time she did a drawing, we have decided to take a little vacation from her choosing the winner. Random.org is in no way as cute and unpredictable as my baby, but it is much more efficient and does not use any pieces of paper, even recycled ones. I am sure you will understand. Thanks for entering!
UPDATE! And the winner is…
Congratulations sushi_noem! Check out her blog, and adeline too….!