Theodor Seuss Geisel, born March 2, 1904, created
And drew, and wrote, and overall, generated
Book after book. Colorful characters like the Grinch
And the Cat are always helpful in a pinch
When your toddler needs to giggle, dance, and wiggle.
If you are flummoxed while reading about Max,
Just remember that your life is better than that of the Zax.
The Star-bellied Sneetches, the Lorax, and Horton
Will have you all a sportin’
A red and white striped hat and big red bow
And building your blocks up with the biggest below.
So for this 108th birthday of Dr. Seuss
Try to be sillier than the silliest goose.
Place one nesting/stacking block on top of the first and so on
Until all of the blocks from the box now are gone.
Then wind up your toddler and let him try
To say his Seuss ABCs and then make the blocks fly.
I guarantee you will have fun with these sturdy blocks all
Colorful, zany, and educational too. Let loose and have a ball!
And on March 2nd, PBS Kids has a special treat for you
A Cat-in-the-Hat-a-Thon– a two-hour marathon will do
For your science-minded little ones with two brand new episodes
And you can catch more of the celebration online in other modes
On PBSKIDS.org/video on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Don’t miss out on all the fun – trust me, your child will thank you so much!
And don’t miss out on the fun of the nesting/stacking blocks –
Available for giveaway, Silver Dolphin Books Rocks!!
Thank you to them for sending these blocks our way
Just make sure not to miss out on the amazing giveaway!
- MANDATORY ENTRY #1: Check out the Silver Dolphin Blog post about these neat blocks and let me know if you would choose the ABC or 123 pattern. That’s it! Entering is that easy!
***Want extra chances to win? After you have made your first entry as described above, do anything listed below and leave me additional comments for each one letting me know what you did! Maximum of seven entries per person.
- Like Silver Dolphin Books on Facebook.
- Follow Silver Dolphin Books on Twitter.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway. I’ve made it easy just cut and paste: Celebrate Dr Seuss’s Birthday with a Cat in the Hat Building Blocks Set! Win one from @BabiesGottaHavT & @SilverDolphin http://snurl.com/22f4l7s
- Subscribe to my blog – click HERE!
- “Like” Babies Gotta Have It on Facebook. Click HERE!
- Email your friends about the giveaway and link to the giveaway post! cc me in the message (email@example.com)–I promise I will not spam you or your friends. Cross my heart.
Your email address will remain private and not be shared with anyone. Giveaway only open to those with U.S. addresses. Must be 18 or older to win. Giveaway begins on Wednesday February 29th and ends on Wednesday March 14th at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time. Very soon after, Random.org will select the winner and I’ll email them immediately. After my daughter called Larry the Cable guy the last time she did a drawing, we have decided to take a little vacation from her choosing the winner. Random.org is in no way as cute and unpredictable as my daughter, but it is much more efficient and does not use any pieces of paper, even recycled ones. I am sure you will understand. Thanks for entering!
Update! We have a winner! Random.org says “ 36″ – Congratulations Lona! Thanks so much to everyone who entered.